Friday, August 15, 2008

Motorcycle Ride 8/14/08

Man, oh man, what a day yesterday was. It all started right towards the end of our stay at Lake Roosevelt. Kevin told me that he and Mike wanted to go on a bike ride and they wanted me to come along. The only problem is that I don't have a bike. Soooooo, Kevin and I rented a ride. Well, I rented it and Kevin is chipping in to help pay for it. Wednesday, after getting home, and having a couple of minutes to rest, I made a phone call and put in my reservation for the next day.

Check out the next couple of pictures. It is a 2008 HD Heritage Softtail Classic. All 97 CI of a nice sounding engine. 6 speeds.


The next picture shows me sitting on it at home. Jennie brought Kevin and I to the motorcycle shop, because he needed a helmet, and the only way to "get" a helmet for him was to register him as my rider for the day. After getting home, we HAD to get some pictures.

This is Kevin sitting on the bike.

And, believe it or not, here is a picture of Jennie sitting on it. She even let me take her for a short spin around the neighborhood on it.


Here is a picture of the three bikes that were ridden on our short ride. On the left is a Honda Nighthawk. In the middle is a Honda Interceptor. Both of these bikes belong to my friend Mike. Kevin's ride was the Nighthawk and Mike's was the interceptor. And of course, don't forget the HD on the right. That, to refresh your memory, was my ride.

After meeting Mike at his house, we headed north on Hwy 9 to just north of Clearview. We swung into another friends place and he got so jealous that he decided to come along with us. The only problem he had was that he doesn't own a motorcycle. So....he decided to put the top down on his 'vette and follow us!! We then headed southeast on a very nice cycle road that ended up at the Woodinville/Duval Road. We turned left into Duval and turned right onto Hwy 203. In Carnation, we all stopped at a gas station and bought something to drink. Below, you can see that we have the 'vette blocked in.


After a quick refreshment, we continued on Hwy 203 to just past Fall City, where we stopped at Snoqualmie Falls. That place is always beautiful, as can be seen by the next two pictures.


Below is a picture of the other riders. On the far left is Bob J. Next to him is his wife's daughter Emily. Then comes Mike and then, last, but not least, is Kevin. I tried to frame the picture so that the falls is between Emily and Mike. Turned out pretty good, even if I have to say so myself.

I then asked Bob to take a picture of the "Three Amigos". Myself on the left, then Mike, then Kevin.

After visiting the falls, we returned to Fall City and grabbed a bite to eat. From there, we headed back, using Hwy 202 to head back through Redmond and then back to Mike's place. Kevin stayed on the Nighthawk and we headed home.

All in all, it was a very nice day for a bike ride. I will definitely do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, aren’t you glad that you started blogging? Don’t you love the thrill of getting a comment on your blog? Just think if you had been busy on that day you talked to me… I really enjoy reading your blog! Keep posting!
Renee