Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday, May 20,2008

Well, it has been awhile since I have updated this thing, so here goes. It is a perfect day for working inside today. Yesterday was the first day of my one week vacation and it was a really nice day around here, with temps in the 70's. I started the day wishing Jennie a good day at work as she left for her work. Then, about 8am, I went outside and mowed the lawn. Got that done about 9am and then, working with a borrowed (from a neighbor) pressure washer, I went to work cleaning our back patio, driveway and sidewalk. After getting that done and getting everything cleaned up and put away, it was about 3pm. I was beat, wet and dirty. I got myself cleaned up and then decided that is was time to call it a day. I didn't completely veg out though. I still did a bit both inside and outside the house. Today it is raining, so like I said earlier, it is a perfect day to update this thing.


Not much is going on around here. We are starting to get things arranged for our trip to Lake Roosevelt in August. Henry is currently back in Houston after spending some time out in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of LA. Both Kevin and Stephen are now done with school, but Kevin is taking some classes on-line and Stephen is getting ready for his summer job. Both Henry and Kevin are planning on coming home for a short time this summer, in August of course, for Lake Roosevelt. Stephen will be missed this summer, since he is not coming home. He will be working as a counselor at Camp WOW (Walk On Water) near Gerty, OK. http://www.campwow.com/


We have plagued with a thief around here lately, and I think I finally figured out who it is. Check out the following photo and let me know what you think.






Yup, a squirrel has learned that he can jump from the railing of our deck onto the black-oil sunflower seed feeder that got from my dad. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE BIRDS, but this dumb squirrel seems to think that it is for him. He does have a bit of difficulty getting the seeds out because of the small holes, but he seems to be able to get them out, one at a time.



Here are some other pictures that I have taken of creatures that have been coming to our back deck.






These are the birds that the feeder was intended to feed.

Here is that pesky rodent, checking out what is on our deck. I think that he was reconnoitering the scene, looking to see what was available, and how he was going to get it.


DOGBITEIT, THOSE SEEDS ARE FOR THE BIRDS, NOT SOME PESKY SQUIRREL!!!!

I guess it is back to the drawing board to see what I can do to get rid of this little thief from stealing the bird food.

Well, that is all for now. Hopefully, I will be able to keep this up better. Hope all is well with all who look at this pitiful blog.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Dennis,your blog isn't pitiful as long as you add to it!! We like to hear from you and your cute little squirrels!